Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What is love?

What constitutes love differs greatly from person to person. Last night for me, it meant my darling husband making an emergency dash to Baskin-Robbins for a tub of chocolate peanut butter icecream - just for me. He also sat down with me and we watched TV - something we rarely get a chance to do.

Since Tuesday 5 May, the day after my last blog post, at least one member of our little family, or more, has been sick. There's been vomiting (mostly Ethan but Georgia too), colds (Ethan, Georgia and me), awful coughing (mostly Ethan but Georgia too) and other winter type ill bugs. And it is not even winter yet but I'm already saying roll on Spring. That doesn't bode well for the usual bug season we have in July/August and early September. Sigh.

So Ethan was home from daycare last week, Georgia went to school today (Thursday) for the first time this week and by yesterday, I had completely and utterly lost it. I'm not nurse material on a good day but day 9 of everything being out of whack was too much for me.

I managed to get steak and sausages on the table for dinner last night. Luke rustled up the salad. And as soon as dinner was over, Luke sent me away from the munchkins for an hour so I could wind down. And after they'd gone to bed, he went and bought me ice-cream. It was just what I needed. What a man!

Fingers crossed for good health for one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment