Friday, May 15, 2009

Murphy's Law

I was feeling pretty chirpy this morning. Despite Ethan's early morning awakening (WHY? He doesn't have to wake early so WHY get up when it is DARK?????), I'd folded nearly two baskets of clean washing, unpacked the dishwasher, had breakfast.....all was on track to get Luke to work, Georgia to school, me to Red Hill and Ethan into the arms of Grandma and Grandpa. I should have known that Murphy's Law was about to strike.

I ripped up the pathology form from the Doctor for tests when Georgia's tummy was out of whack. I put the pathology collection container in the bathroom cupboard and thought hopefully we won't need one of those again. And Georgia's tummy must have heard me. Within 30 minutes after that, her tummy bug had returned to haunt us all and she was very uncomfortable and upset.

Thankfully I was able to get an appointment at our local Doctor's surgery all but immediately and now she's on yet another course of Flagyl to try and eliminate whatever bug is 'bugging' (sorry, couldn't ignore that pun!) her. Sigh. I made it to Red Hill at 11.30am. Not bad for a 9am start :(

Bouquets in all of this must go to Grandma and Grandpa. Ethan was in Grandpa's safe hands throughout while they did their weekly shopping tour, Grandma was with me and the very unhappy and upset Georgia. After the Doctor's visit she told me to go off to Red Hill and she'd take care of Georgia. When I got home, the house was tidied, the children were snoozing, lunch had been made, the pegboard in the garage fixed, the grass attended to and they stayed long enough to look after the munchkins so I could have a little afternoon mini-nap. Truly amazing.

What would our little quartet do without their support? I think we'd fall about in screaming heaps and be dragged off my men in white coats driving a padded van.

Here's hoping for a lovely weekend ahead - filled with sunshine and good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment