Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's been raining....and raining....and raining some more!

The Mirrabooka Road bridge at the corner of Acacia Drive in Ashgrove.

I approached it from the other side earlier in the afternoon, having no idea that Ithaca Creek has burst its banks. I was rather surprised - to say the least - to find the road under and water powering over the bridge.






More and more and more water at Ashgrove. Since when do we live in a riverfront suburb?












Looking down towards Woolcock Park at Red Hill. I should have guessed something was not right by the quantity of water pump hoses that were running out into the gutter from homes.

Again, I drove down Kenwyn Road having NO idea about the creek level and came to a screeching halt when I saw the road under water in front of me.





Ithaca Creek taking over Kenwyn Road at Red Hill. Lots and lots and lots of water.

We have had 410 mm (or 41cm or 16.5 inches) of rain in about 48 hours. More is forecast for tomorrow. Means it'll be another day where Georgia wears her gumboots to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment