Monday, May 4, 2009

Hello!

Thanks to all who have reminded me that my 'New Zealand in review' series is still awaiting completion. Yes, fully intend to get it finished.....hopefully before Christmas! Who knows which Christmas but I'm sure I'll get there at some point :)

It's been a topsy turvy week. Georgia still seems to have a bit of a tummy bug which stresses me. She's been to the Doctor and we are still awaiting the results of pathology tests. Hopefully that'll yield the answer for what has been irritating her gut since early April. There was a meeting between us and the school + advisors about Georgia's term 1 achievements and issues. There were some positive outcomes from that + the usual stress which I go through when faced with the Principal, Deputy, Disability Advisor, Guidance Officer and class teacher across the table. What a lineup.

After nearly a month of 'holiday', Ethan was back to daycare at Newmarket on Monday and Wednesday and I was back at the admin desk at Red Hill kindy on Thursday and Friday mornings. Luke had the week off so he enjoyed being in holiday mode while the rest of us hit the ground running.

AND, it was Grandma's birthday on Friday. She turned 21 again. Well 21 and another half century and a bit but who is counting? Mum, Dad, Margaret and I had a lovely celebratory lunch on Friday at Gambaro's Seafood Restaurant. Mum said she very much enjoyed her day so that is really all that matters.....Birthday Girl happy, everyone happy!

I've also swung into fundraising mode this week. The Fair at Georgia's school is in September so I'm doing my 'usual' art union and silent auction prize gathering for them. Takes time, can cause stress but if I can make a positive financial contribution like I did for the Red Hill Fair in 2007 and 2008 then it is so, so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment