Friday, April 24, 2009

New Zealand in review - Day 4 - Franz Josef

I didn't sleep soundly. I felt uneasy. And when I woke up I found that Georgia had been sick during the night and was suffering from a nasty bout of gastro. Thank goodness for a motel laundry about 10 steps from our unit. It had an honesty box for laundry money and I told the owner that he could probably retire on the proceeds of the MANY loads I did.


Motel was http://www.bellavistafranzjosef.co.nz/ and Adam, the owner, was a treasure.


The weather was clearing so Luke got to tick one of his 'New Zealand to do list' items off the list when he took a helicopter flight up into the snow
at the top of the Glacier. He said it was FANTASTIC.


Georgia started to improve during the early afternoon so with Nic and me taking the munchkins to the playground and then for a walk, Luke headed off on a quad bike excursion. Mud, scenery and bikes apparently are a perfect boy combination. Each to their own I say!


The thought of driving down to Queenstown with a recovering Georgia + Maestro of the Carsick Ethan didn't appeal so wonderful Adam priced flights for us. At $2500+, it would have been cheaper to fly to Australia. It was one of those rare times in life that I would have loved to be rich and say 'fabulous, yes, no problem, we'll do that then'. Alas for living within your means.

No comments:

Post a Comment