Saturday, April 4, 2009

Luke has been rescued from the lift

This post is for my friend Janelle as she often tells me it is my duty to make her laugh and Praise God for her comparitively quiet existence.

Luke has just phoned. He went into work about two hours ago to pick up some stuff, tidy up etc. As you do when you are on the first Sunday of your holidays. Knowing he can often get sidetracked and will eventually turn up, I hadn't given it any thought as to why he was taking so long.

He just phoned. He's been trapped in a lift at his work for the last hour. He tells me it was hot, not enjoyable talking to a muffled voice coming out of a speaker but at least he was on his own and did have a drink with him. A service man eventually turned up to rescue him. I think he would have preferred an Angelina Jolie type gal in a crop top and tight pants abseiling in through the roof but lift captives can't be choosers. Only in our family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment