Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Today was a MUCH nicer day

It is amazing how much nicer the world can see after 6-7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. As much as I love talking to people, particularly the munchkins, if it is between the hours of 11pm - 6am (+/- an hour or two), it doesn't leave me in the best frame of mind.

Today Georgia's OT (occupational therapist) Mary called in for a session. Georgia hasn't seen Mary since the start of school. After yesterday's not too fun day, I didn't have high hopes for the session. But ever brilliant Mary managed to get 1/2 hour of work out of Georgia - hooray!! Then it was off to school for our big G in time to catch the end of the weekly Tuesday morning assembly.

We are very lucky to have a wonderful nanny, Sarah (aka St. Sarah!), to look after Ethan each Tuesday and Thursday. She also drops Georgia off at school and picks her up from school, drives Ethan here and there through the day, helps me in any and every way possible....she's a real treasure.

After dropping G at school, Sarah took me to an optometrists appointment, took Ethan to the park and then onto his first ever Kindermusik session. Sarah tells me that Ethan enjoyed the music so we'll be enrolling him for Kindermusik from next term onwards.

Thanks to my altercation with a magpie in 1985, the changes in my eye are watched, by my optometrist, like a hawk.....pun fully intended :) Today I had to have my pupils dilated and the optometrist wants to see me in another 8 weeks to check them again :( It's been quite a long time since I've had this type of test so I completely forgot I wouldn't be able to read, my eyes would be very glare sensitive and I'd be next to useless for a few hours. My wonderful parents collected me from the optometrist's office, brought me home and I decided since I was useless, I might be productive and lie down. I woke up two hours later. It never ceases to amaze me just how restorative a few hours sleep can be. There should be more of it!

Much to my delight and surprise, Georgia had a great day at school and came home raring to go down to the park with Sarah and Ethan and give her scooter a run on the bike path. I love being completely redundant when Sarah is around!

Luke is still struggling with his cough/cold/snuffle. He only has to make it until Friday afternoon and then he can look forward to a HOLIDAY.

p.s. We've been Blessed to have a nanny here since February 2007 when Ethan was 3 months old. Tenai (our travelling companion), Melissa (the great reading teacher), Autumn (our fashionista), Aurelie (the French delight who taught us about tunnels), Super Sarah and St. Sarah have all brought so much to our family and without their help, we'd have been lost. Each girl has taught us something different and for that we are SO grateful. Hi girls....we love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment