Sunday, March 29, 2009

A girl, VlRGIN, Mum and a boy


Last night I had a lovely night out. My friend Susan, with whom I originally crossed paths with back at Our Lady of the Assumption (OLA) primary school back in the 70's (yes, like last century!) and have crossed paths with often since, and I went out to dinner. In three hours, we had a drink, a lovely dinner at The Gap Tavern, compared notes on our munchkins (we both have a boy and a girl) and managed a trip to an ice creamery on the way home for a much needed (cough, splutter....ok..maybe not needed but very yummy) dessert. I am so lucky to have such great friends.
During the night, I was worrying about luggage for our forthcoming trip. I've tried to find out whether the pull-ups Georgia wears are available in New Zealand. So far I haven't been able to find out. Reading that excess baggage was $10/kg, I rang the good folk at VlRGIN BLUE and told them my concerns about the cost of carting the jogging stroller Georgia uses when she can't walk any further, her pull ups + all the other medical type stuff that she needs. In typical VlRGIN fashion, no problemo they said. Apparently there is an area of this marvellous airline that deals with passengers who have special needs. I told them what we'd be taking because Georgia is Georgia, they noted it all on our booking and told me that if any excess baggage does apply, it won't apply to Georgia's special stuff. HOORAY FOR VlRGIN BLUE! Got to love them! Hopefully tonight I can sleep without luggage nightmares.

Anyone who knows me knows that my sister and I are fortunate enough to have the most amazing Mum on the planet. Although I am lucky enough to see Mum (and Dad too!) a few times a week, I don't often get to spend an extended time with her. So today I did.

Whilst Luke and the munchkins were off to a playground to spend time with his Mum, Jill, I grabbed the opportunity to have four lovely hours with my Mum, Jan. We popped in and had 2 minute look at a local fair (yes, it really was about 2 minutes....in, look, out!), we hit the Outlets down near the Airport for a few hours (who would have thought the car park down there would have been quite full at 10.15am on a Sunday morning??) and then we wandered home via a local shopping centre. To recover from all the walking, shopping and talking, I needed a two hour nap afterwards! Keeping up with a 71 year old is hard work!
And a boy. That would be my 'Buddy' Ethan. The pic at the top of this entry was taken tonight. I just love, love, love the little chambray look pyjamas he's wearing so I had to snap a pic of their last wear. They are a size 1, way too small for him and they will be off to a new home this week. But not before they were immortalised in pic for all to see. And yes, he's holding one of his many dummies that I loathe, detest, hate and despite. Yick.....horrible things. Blah!!
He wouldn't let me hold it while I took the photo so we compromised. He took it out of his mouth and smiled for me and in exchange, he could hold it and then after I'd stopped looking, no doubt it went back in his mouth. I'm sure negotiating world peace would be easier than putting an end to the dummies will be when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment