Sunday, October 11, 2009

Old, ancient and positively archaic....

Two things happened today to remind me that I'm screaming towards 40. Yes, come August 2010, the 40 milestone will be something else I can mark off my 'To Do List'.

Thing 1 - We were at a Max and Milly concert this morning. The children loved it they sat there MUTE for 45 minutes. A little dancing from Ethan but no taking her eyes off the stage for 'The Big G'. She looked like she was studying it all very intently. Back to the story.....in the line outside before the performance, I looked at the guy in front of me and realised it was someone I went to University with. I said Hi, he looked at me intently and then said 'I remember. But c'mon Michelle, it was over 20 years ago!'. We graduated at the end of 1999. So in my Accounting opinion, that is not yet 20 years. But wow, 20 years? Gee it sounds like a long time ago.

Thing 2 - Georgia just can't get her brain around the fact that there is no button in Daddy's car that can make the windows go down. How do you explain to a 6 year old the concept of car windows that have to be WOUND down? No buttons to push, no parental help possible from the driver's seat? I felt like an absolute fossil chirping away saying 'When I was a little girl not only did we have to WIND down the car windows with the handle, we had no AIRCON either'. I felt one step up from the Flinstone's who used to have to run the car along with their feet!

All of this and I'm not yet 40!

No comments:

Post a Comment