Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Something a bit different.....a post about ME!

This blog is very munchkin-centric, and particularly Georgia-centric, but that is a reflection of my life. But for once, I'm going to do a post about ME.

Way back last century, when I was a traveller who made her way around the world with suitcase, overnight bag AND a handbag in tow (travel light? moi? never!), I visited a few countries. If I had 'spare' time in my life, I could sit down to work out how many but to save time, let's say about 30+ countries. Yes, lots of stamps in the passport, lots of postcards home from exotic destinations and lots of praying from my Mum that I would be safe, well and warm.

I recently read a list of the world's 10 greatest cathedrals and I was exceedingly chuffed to say I've set foot in, and where possible, climbed by the bell towers/turrets/whatever high point was on offer, of them. The list is:

1. Notre-Dame, Paris, France
2. Saint-Chapelle, Paris
3. Notre-Dame, Reims
4. Chartres Cathedral
5. Dom, Cologne, Germany
6. St Stephen's Dom, Vienna, Austria
7. Duomo, Milan, Italy.....remains the ONLY place in the world where I've walked on the roof...literally....on the tiles.
8. York Minster, York, England.
9. Salisbury Cathedral, Salisbury.

10. Seville Cathedral, Seville, Spain. I've been to Barcelona (didn't like it one bit) but not to Seville so this is the only one of the top ten that I haven't visited.

'Been there. Done that!' And don't those days seem so long ago when compared to life now?

No comments:

Post a Comment